Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ways to Stop Unfriendly Teasing

Materials:

  • Paper
  • Anything to write/color with (pencil and markers, crayons, colored pencils, etc).
  • Dry Erase board/chalk board (totally optional)**

What I Did:

This is super easy to do last minute. 
I passed out paper to each of the kids and told them to draw their hand with a pencil on the paper, and draw a little bit of an arm for later (in case we have extra ideas). Then I drew on a dry erase board so that all of the students could see. I drew my own hand and arm and I wrote 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 on each of my fingers, circled. Then I asked the class what they think are some good ways they think to handle a situation they are in if they are being teased or are being treated badly while at school. As we wrote down the ideas, I had them write them down on their sheets too. I had them draw a little bit of arm in case anyone else throws something out and you have already reached five total. Then just start numbering them off down the arm.
At the end, if extra time allows, color the papers. Coloring always takes up time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment