Sunday, September 1, 2013

Finger Painting the World

Finger Painting the World 

Materials:
• Washable or water-based paint
• Poster board or large paper 
• Aprons or garbage bags to put over students while painting 
• Paper plates or something to hold paint in while they paint 

What I Did:
This project took three weeks. I required the children to wear garbage bags so they did not get paint all over their Sunday  clothes. I first drew the outlines of the world and the different countries I wanted to be shown. Then I assigned them different colors per student. They had the same color every week we worked on this project, and they knew if they were to paint the ocean or the land (blues for ocean and greens and browns for land). At the end, I had everyone paint thumb prints on the outside of the world and write their names next to it. Also, I only had them use their thumbs, so it had a more effective look. I think it went well! Supervise all of the time!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment